So, I’ve had this site for a year now and have been absolutely slacking with it. My original idea was to just blog about my travels. Since my work situation really limits my adventures as of late. I’ve made the decision to not only talk about my wondrous adventures, but to also share some of my other hobbies and interests. So here’s hoping to add a few categories which will include:
– Retro Rediscovered – Awesome retro and vintage clothing, decor, and party ideas.
– Dishes Recreated – One of my favorite things to do, is try to recreate dishes from restaurants that really move me.
– Craft Time- Just crafts that I do in my spare time, lots of glitter usually involved ha ha.
– Cocktail Hour – I will choose a cocktail and not just post a recipe but also try to give a taste review. I know one of my biggest peeves when looking for drink recipes, is that I never really know if it’s going to be pallet pleasing.
I’m sure I’ll think of other things as I go on. But this is a start 🙂
People tend to put a lot of pressure on themselves to do things before they’re 30. As I have about 2.5 years before than milestone, I sort of understand their mindset. But on the other hand I think that’s a good way to stress yourself out! Surely life doesn’t suddenly implode at the age of 30… Right?! That being said I do have a “want to do list”, but I don’t think there should be a time limit, which if exceeded; I have failed miserably at life. Thinking this way will hopefully save me from the impending doom and probable anxiety attack on my 30th.
Some people would call this a bucket list, but I think the term “bucket list” (i.e. things you would like to do before you kick the bucket) seems a little bit morbid. “To do list” seems a little friendlier. As I have a bajillion things I would actually like to do, I’ve shaved it down to my top 8. There’s no specific order to these, just a list. So here it goes…
- Visit all 7 continents – I’m well on my way to that goal, as of December 2012 my last unvisited continent will be Asia. I know I’m doing things slightly backward.
- Go on an African Safari and see the big 5 – I think growing up with the Lion King being one of my favorite movies and obsessions probably motivated this one. I guess the Discovery Channel didn’t help either.
- See OVERHEAD (not in the distance or horizon) the Aurora Borealis and/or the Aurora Australis – I am so incredibly obsessed with this that I check Spaceweather.com religiously. Yeah I know it’s a little sick haha.
- Cage dive with great whites – This was supposed to be my 26th birthday present to myself that I never did. I ended up quitting my job and taking a 2.5 month jaunt through Europe and North Africa instead. I guess I cant be too mad at myself. Regardless though, I’m still strangely drawn to this, thanks shark week..
- Speak Japanese with a Japanese person while in Japan – I spent my 4 years of high school and another 2 in university studying the Japanese language. I gave up an opportunity to live in Japan my senior year of high school because I was too afraid. (definitely my one and only life regret..) So for the last 14 or so years it’s been a dream of mine to visit Japan. It boggles my mind as to why I haven’t been yet.
- See the red crab migration on Christmas Island in Australia – This would have to be another side effect of watching the Discovery Channel as a kid.. I’ve been intrigued with this since I was in elementary school.
- Trek the Himalayas – Who wouldn’t want to see with their own eyes the largest mountains on earth??
- SCUBA dive with Whale Sharks – This is another trip that I’ve been toying with for the last 3 years or so. Ever since I got SCUBA certified I’ve wanted to do this.